Our “What’s Growing on Native Lands?” Dashboard is now updated with the 2021 data from the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Cropland Data Layer, making our dashboard a more timely resource for Native land caretakers to use in monitoring the status of their homelands!
According to the the USDA, the Cropland Data Layer (CDL) is a:
Using this data dashboard, you can:
- Filter the CDL data for one or more Native land areas for any of our dashboard features
- Analyze land cover change over time for specific crop types as well as total cover acreage and percent increase/decrease – since the CDL data has been collected since 1997, the new integration of the 2021 data makes the CDL a trusted tool for analyzing long-term land cover trends
- Access easy-to-read data tables for land cover acreage and percentages
- Observe agriculture productivity and crop variability over all CDL years
- Export chart images to be included in your own presentations and technical reports!