Campaigns / Support Services
The Native Lands Advocacy Project provides direct support to Native American Tribes and native organizations in their efforts to recover, protect, defend their lands and resources. On this page we have highlighted some of these initiatives.
Campaigns / Support Services of the Native Lands Advocacy Project
While the Native Lands Advocacy Project (NLAP) was founded in 2019, our team has over 20 years experience working in Indian Country on native land tenure, mapping and agriculture issues. Through this work, we have identified a number of competencies and focus areas that have formed the foundation of the NLAP including Archival Research, GIS Mapping, and Data Collection, Analysis and Visualization.
Contact us to discuss how we can support your efforts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-237-3002
Below are some of the additional projects that exemplify our work and advocacy.
Core Competencies of NLAP
The Native Lands Advocacy Project / Village Earth can provide strategic support to Native American Tribes and Native organizations in the following areas:
- GIS mapping
- UAV (drone) Mapping
- Development of interactive web maps and storymaps.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Data analysis
- Data visualization / data dashboards
- Archival research
- Boundary interrogation (reconstructing history of boundary transformations/land loss based on original documentation)
- Support for the development of Integrated Resource Management Plans (IRMPs) and Agricultural Resource Management Plans (ARMPs)
- Training in GIS mapping, data collection, data analysis, visualization and reporting.
- Development of CKAN open governance data portals (same technology used by Data.gov)
- Data transcription and tabulation
- Census Challenges that comply with requirements of the Indian Housing Block Grant (IHBG).
Consulted on maps and provided fact-checking support for feature “In the Spirit of Crazy Horse”
Partnered with the Red Lake Reservation’s office of economic development to challenge the federal census numbers used for formula funding.